Monday, February 23, 2009

Loads of Laundry!

We have had the worst luck these days with our laundry room. One of the reasons why I bought the house I did was because it had an indoor laundry room. Every other house we looked at had the laundry room in the garage. The first thing that happened was the plumbing in the wall that the wash drained into clogged and flooded our laundry room. The water got under our laminate flooring in the kitchen. We had to pull the washer and dryer out and clean the whole dumb room. Then we had to pull up some of our floor and let it dry. It is a good thing that we did the floor because we knew how to fix it:) Anyways, our home warranty paid for a guy to come and unclog our plumbing. He fixed it and we put everything back in and I did more laundry. Well, I guess after moving the washer so much we slowly pulled the hose that attaches to the washer off. We didn't know it. I did a load of laundry and the next thing I heard was water pouring everywhere. CRAP! This time the flood was worse but I caught it early enough that we didn't have to pull up the floor again. We just have to re-calc and re-paint the floor and the walls. SMOKES! Next time I am getting my laundry in the dumb garage:)))

So that is what we have been up to. Here are a few pics of my growing family




8 comments:

Tara said...

Sorry to hear about the laundry issues. As if doing laundry isn't bad enough!!!
Your boys are getting so big! And soooo stinking cute too!
Miss ya!!

Alli said...

YEAH For an update!!! I am so sorry about your laundry room.. we had something like that happen to us.. except, it was our upstairs bathroom shower that was leaking into our downstairs bathroom and ruining the walls.. ugh.. Got to lvoe live some times!

Your boys are getting so big.. I can't believe how much Graham has changed.. course, he was a baby when you left and the last time I saw him.. :)

Unknown said...

your boys are so cute!!! Bummer about the laundry room troubles. You're a trooper.

Nicole said...

oh! i HATE laundry drama!!! i usually have a hard enough time getting laundry done without it!! our washer/dryer problems were nothing compared to yours! glad you got it all taken care of. :)
your boys are so cute!! and getting so big!!!! isn't it nuts how life is FLYING by!
glad to hear from you!!
besos!

thebarrusfamily said...

How frustrating!! Your boys sure look cute!

Emily said...

That seriously bites girl. I have never heard of a laundry room in the garage. Is that typical for California? You could always move it and make an extra bathroom inside I guess. In case you needed another project to add to your list!!

ANGELA said...

Cute boys! I can't believe how much hair Graham has! That is some thick stuff. I love it!

Lee & Kindra said...

I know how frustrating that can be. Our hose bib broke and flooded the bedroom in the basement the night before our adoption home inspection.