Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"You want to play hard ball? I'm game"

I swear that my house is built on a huge ant society. Not just an ant hill, but like 10 ant hills have to be under my house. It all started when we played in the pool in the backyard. The water would go under our patio and the ants would come up. After a while I noticed that there were lines of ants forming all over my patio. Then, they did the unforgivable and entered my house. I feel ashamed to say but we have ants. I have caulked every crevice and cranny and sprayed every inch of our house inside and out. At night before I go to bed I make sure that there are no crumbs on my floor or on my counter tops hoping that the scouting ants don't find anything and leave my house. But it doesn't matter. They still come in and I find them everywhere. Maybe I am taking my anger out on the ants from what is going on with Prop 8 but I am so ready to blow torch them all and I don't care if the house goes with them. On second thought I don't want to burn my new house:). Anyways, this has to be a California thing because I have never had problems with ants before and honestly everyone I know here has problems. Any suggestions on how to kill a whole colony of ants?

4 comments:

Linda said...

We have ants like crazy here too. Huge ones. I have no idea how to get rid of them. The Ortho home defense spray has worked pretty well. I have tried using the grainy ant killer on the hills outside, but they just move and come back. One friend said that she did the all over lawn spray and that helped. Good luck!

Unknown said...

We have ants too, but are lucky in that our property management company takes care of them. The pest guy said that spraying actually makes it worse: they scatter. He lays bait for them, and different bait at different times of year, I think. I know that one time the bait had some protein or something. Forgive my lack of detailed knowledge. Anyway, the ants eat the bait, go back to the colony, and actually kill some other ants too! I was impressed. The bait has worked really well for us. Bon chance and sorry about the ants.

ShaRee said...

haha I couldn't help but laughing. It sounds like a new Disney animation!!! Good luck w/them, but maybe with your creative mind you could submit a screen play to Disney and make some mula from the pests! :)

Nicole said...

we always had to deal with ants every summer. gotta love cali! my dad used to leave out bait things and we'd just wipe down the counters and wash them down the sink when they got inside. asi es. lo siento. :(