We are so close to being able to move in. We are hoping to move in this weekend. These are some of the final things we are doing. . .
I was able to hang almost all of my doors on the cupboards. I love them!!! Don't they look great????
Do you see that on the bar on the left of the pic. that there is wood color and not white? Well, it is because this "bar" is supposed to be a corner cabinet that we bought from IKEA. It really shouldn't be sitting the way we have it. But we bolted it down really well before the granite went on it and then to fix the ugly wood color thing. . . .
Now you don't see the ugly wood. We just used bead board and painted it and now it looks great!!!
We put it on both sides. Now no one will ever know that it was a cheap IKEA cabinet that was a pain in the patella to put together :)
We got some new Bedroom furniture and a new entertainment center and I decided that I wanted them to be black instead of a wood color. So, I had to sand them all down. Here they are all sanded down
I bought paint from Lowe's to paint them but when I painted them the color wasn't black, it was like a charcoal gray-black color and I so didn't want that. So I had to go buy more paint. I ended up just getting black spray paint that is special for wood. I haven't finished yet but I will show pics when I'm done.
The last week we have been working hard on the baseboards. First I had to paint them. Then Bob cut them and nailed them up to the wall, then I had to caulk them. After they dried I then did paint touch ups. Wow!! what a job. They look really nice next to the floor and the wall - Don't you think?
Cеrіtа ngеntоt ABG bandung semok Enak Nye
7 years ago

14 comments:
Wow, your house looks really nice. That's great you'll get to move in soon.
I love coming to your blog because it's like a quick episode of HGTV or something. You guys have done some amazing stuff with your house. I love it. Congrats!
You continue to amaze me, my friend. I love the picture of you and Scotty kissing with your noses smooshed together. Spell check tells me that "smooshed" is not a word. Whatever. I have no idea who the "lotto" person was commenting on my blog, and I'm not going to find out. I think I'm going to make it a by-invitation-only blog if it keeps up. The end. Happy house working!
I love the kitchen it looks so good. What an awesome feeling to know that you guys did it.
Lisa g
Looks so good! I want a tour when it is all done. I went to the beach yesterday with our friends (your new friends) the Walkers. They were asking when they would see you at church. I told them I thought you were moving in this weekend. You have to call them if you need help. They are awesome!
Hey, I might come out by myself this summer I just haven't decided for sure if I can work it out. I will let you know.
Lisa
Sorry I haven't blogged in such a long time. I've kind of had a one track mind as well. Your house looks soooo great!! It sounds like you are having so much fun fixing it up.
What's up with Lisa's blog?? Why did she get rid of it?
your house looks FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!! the trucks look fun and i love that your neighbors were kind. hahahaha!!! that's so something that would happen to me!!! i always did like scotty. hahaha!!!!
well, yeah, i've been crazy busy in the yard and was sick and have been stuck with wondering what pix to post for thanksgiving....but i'm feeling better, the yard is coming along....the only dilemma now is that i have too many pix for christmas. :p oh why, oh why did i think i wanted to start so far back!? anyway, i miss you too, but hopefully i'll be back in the swing of things ;) besos!
You guys have done alot of work...it will be so nice when it's finished. We did that with our house in Logan...it's kind of fun to remodel!!
Hi - I found your blog through Lisa, I grew up in NP and used to babysit your husband (I feel so OLD saying that!) But I've loved watching your home renovations! Your kitchen is turning out gorgeous, I esp love the beadboard! Please say hi to your in-laws for me! -Kristen
Everything looks so amazing. Lucky you. It looks like you guys have been working really hard. You deserve it all. Can't wait to someday see it in person.
Hey we just commented on Kamies blog at the same exact time.
Your home looks awesome! Where are you staying in the meantime?
Lookin good! :)
Post a Comment