Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Reality Check

Conference weekend was so great. Well except for the fact that everyone here was sick, but I love to listen to conference. I felt so great. Then, I was listening to the radio and I heard an add that went like this:
"I'm so happy" says one girl
"Yeah, why is that" Said the other girl
"I'm in a new relationship. . I've never been so happy"
Apparently it was an add for a website that is specifically for people already involved in a relationship but need to got out and cheat. So they go to this website and find others already involved, hook up and wallah. Can you believe that? There is a website to help people commit adultery and it's cool? They also have a billboard in L.A. that say "Life is short, Have an affair" Ok I knew that it would be different here in Ca vs Ut but come on. . how wicked will the world get before Heavenly Father ends it all? Is it just me? Or is this crazy?

p.s. if you need ideas for FHE or Primary or really any church calling check out sugardoodle.net It rocks

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe a billboard is advertising for affairs!!!!! Who benefits from that? That is totally insane. Glad you had a good Conference weekend though. Apparently you know me better than my sisters because they were both stunned by the belly button piercing. :)

Sarah H. said...

That is so nuts that the world looks at committment so differently. I was just telling Paul last night how the world has perverted anything beautiful that we have from Heavenly Father except for the birth of a child and even then people poke fun at that.

I loved conference too. I wish it were more often than just every six months.

Linda said...

And you want us to come live there...Just kidding. I would love to live there, especially now when it is still cold and rainy here. I still think it's too much $ and Mike doesn't want to work in the stores (he works at corporate now). What a snob, right?

Nicole said...

oh my word!!! i can't believe there was an ad! there are several beautiful homes for sale right here in my neighborhood...i'd love to have you as a neighbor!! good ol' utah! speaking of...i have a complaint...mikey says "mel" instead of "mAil" and "there is" instead of "there are". ugh! it's killing this californian mom! he does call most carbonated drinks "cokes," though, so at least he's learning something right! hahaha!
but, seriously i'll take pronunciation issues over morality ones ANY day! i do miss the beach though...no, i ACHE for the beach. say hi to zuma and pch for me.

anyway, i loved conference too. we watched it via internet, so i rewound elder ballard's talk when it was over. (sigh) it just means so much when i feel like people understand that i don't just sit home all day and eat chocolate, blogging and watching tv. ok, maybe i blog too much now, but i'm pacing myself! :) i just wish everyone had a blog! it's so fun to keep in touch!
well, i was saying i rewound the talk and pointed out to mikel that he said husbands should take their wives out...aka-YOU get the sitter and YOU make the plans every once in a while! (guess we should go on a date again soon...all this flu has been killin me!) also, i talked with mikey and bryce about the stuff he said to kids. truth is they are pretty good about a lot already...made me happy to be able to praise them...but there are always MORE TOYS!!! maybe i should do my own post...this is really long! maybe i'll call you! haha!! k, i'll stop now. bye, friend! besos!

Sarah H. said...

I can't believe that the secret has their own religion. I guess that just goes to show that anything can be made into a religion these days. We miss you guys.