Tuesday, May 26, 2009

L.A. Marathon 2009

I LOVED IT!!! I did the marathon yesterday. It was a huge marathon. ~17,000 people there for the whole event. I got there and it took my friend and I like 30 minutes just to find the toilets:) The streets in down town L.A. were packed with people. There were like 5 helicopters at the beginning and thousands of spectators. I would have to say that besides the Boston Marathon, this is the biggest marathon I've done. It was great. I felt soooo good the whole time. I didn't train to run it really fast so I was happy to relax most of the time. My goal that I trained for was a 3:30. I had to run a 3:40 to qualify for Boston but I knew that that wouldn't be a problem. I came out with a 3:23. Actually, my watch said 3:20 but I know that that was because I stopped to pee and stretch twice and I turned off my watch during that time:) Scotty came with his bike and road with me from mile 17 on. It was soooo nice to have him there. He took some videos so here they are:)

I got 7th place in my age group out of 665 people. Not bad.

Mile 24. . .


Mile 25


And almost to mile 26. I love passing people at the end. Especially males!! Scotty was riding his bike while shooting this one. It kind of makes me sick:)))


I feel great today. I taught my Pilates class this morning and then we went on a bike ride!!! Call me crazy but I love running:)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Sarah!!!!! you are an amazing runner, not trying hard and getting a 3:23! I'm glad you feel so good. Wish I could take your Pilates class.

thebarrusfamily said...

AWESOME!! you are so fast!! I wish I was you. That's sweet when you passed that dude. You know he was ticked!

Alli said...

you go girl! man I wish I had what you have! you look great running.. I would be dead!!!!!!!!! :)

Emily said...

You are amazing! You don't even look tired! You were born to run girl! Congrats on doing SO well!

You been watching SYTYCD?

Emily said...

So what kind of house you living in there in Cali.....NO TV and no AC? What's the deal? I mean I don't really watch TV but Warren and Weston totally do, ya know?

Staci said...

I love how it looks like you are just out for a leisurely jog. Until you pass the dude and you can see how fast you are running.

Emily said...

Ok, I just re-read your post and I saw that Scotty rode with you the last 9 miles. How wonderful! That is the cutest thing ever. PS Watching your running videos has inspired me and I ran 3 times last week (I have never liked running). Good music helps a lot. Have any fav tracks? Maybe I'll keep doing it!

Tara said...

Congrats on your awesome race!
I remember after the St. George marathon that we both ran in - you were talking about never doing another. I knew that couldn't possibly be true. ;)
I haven't done another one - but I am registered to do a half in August. There IS something about running...
Miss ya!!!

Amber Henrie said...

Well - you always were a good runner! Congrats!

Briana said...

You go, girl! Oh, how I wish I could have been running alongside ya. I'll be rooting you on for your Boston race from home. :(

I'm super proud of you, though! Give me a few more months...maybe I can join you for some short, SLOW runs! :)