Monday, March 30, 2009

Cheseboro half marathon

Last Saturday I ran a half marathon to help with my training for the L.A. Marathon in May. This race totally reminded me of why I love to run:))) It was around 7 miles on trails and the rest on road. The trails were so very hard. They just kept coming and coming. They were steep and rocky. But for some reason, I was so totally in love with the trail. I didn't get any pictures because Scotty didn't make it with the kids but when I get one from the race photo guy, I'll post it. My fastest half marathon is a 1:24, but that race was down a canyon and all on road. This race I did a 1:38. So it was slower but the hills seriously made it slower. The winner of my age group did it in a 1:32. So if the winning time was a 1:32 that says something about the course. I took 2nd place:)) and was way happy about that. I felt so good the last 3 miles in that I was running sub 6 minute miles. I was passing people like crazy. Anyways, for all you who care, that was my race experience and now I am packing on the miles to get ready for the marathon:))))

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That's AWESOME Sarah. You are an amazing runner! Great job getting second place for your age. Did you picture a cougar chasing you?

thebarrusfamily said...

Oh man!! I'm so jealous!! Congrats!! We will be in Utah the 4th through the 11th. If you're going to be there let's hook up like we did in Cali! JK. Let's do lunch with all the gals.

nikki said...

you are my hero and I want to be like you. I am slow compared to you.

Briana said...

You rock!!! Congrats on such a great race. Such a good feeling, huh? I should have been there cheering you in!!!

Anonymous said...

YEA! Congrats girl!...you are my inspiration...Boston 2010!

--Sariah=moi

Tara said...

Although I don't know that I will ever do another marathon - just reading about your race makes me want to go for a jog. :)
Good job on your race - your times are amazing!
miss ya!

Alli said...

you rock girl.. man I wish I had your energy!

ANGELA said...

That makes me sick! I love that you are so good at running and I wish I could be like you one day, but it's never going to happen so I will be happy with my 9 minute miles and just be glad that I have a body that can run. I will pass this info on to Marissa because I know she will be jealous too! Congrats on such a great race!!!

J. Marie said...

WOW! Good job Sarah! 2nd place is awesome! You did really good! I also love the train pictures your boys are very cute!

ShaRee said...

Yeah well I'd be excited with that time to finish for a 5k! haha Second place, that's awesome. A friend of mine just finished 2nd at the Redland, CA Marathon- in a wheelchair. Her story is freakin amazing if you ever want to check her blog out it's Katie Terry on my links. Anyway, I love the new pic of your boys, it's a classic! Hope you guys are doing well!