Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today I yelled at two kids

No, not my two cute little boys:))) Here is the story:

This Prop 8 thing is really weighing on me. The opposition is really loud in an obnoxious manner. They are mean. They leave mean comments on my Prop 8 blog, they steal signs, they vandalize cars that have a Yes on Prop 8 sign etc. It is really nasty. So I am all railed up. If you read my post just under this post you will know that our last two signs have been stolen. So I am not very happy with the opposition. I am so ready to fight back but the church told us not to fight back in a mean way. Of coarse they did I mean, what would Jesus do. Well, today I was definitely not following Jesus :( sorry.

I was in our garage putting the boys in their car seats. I saw two junior high school boys walk by our house and yell "No on Prop 8" Then one of them saw our Yes on Prop 8 signs on our cars in the garage. He had no idea that I was in the garage. He had a stick in his hand and threw it at Scotty's car. I saw him do this and I was so mad. I yelled at the top of my lungs, "Hey" They still didn't see me and just ran away. Can I just tell you the anger that flooded my body. I was mad. So I finished putting the boys in the car and pulled out on to the street. I saw the two boys walking about a block away and I sped up until I was parallel to them and then I pulled over. The next thing that happened was so not Sarah like. I am a peace maker and I avoid contention at all costs unless I don't see any other way of getting something very important done. I yelled at the two boys. I said, "Hey, what are you doing throwing a stick at my car." One of the boys said, " We didn't throw a stick at your car." I yelled, "Don't lie to me, I saw you do it. It was you with the curly hair. Just because you don't agree with things that I believe doesn't mean you can go around vandalizing my property. It is a felony. You'd better watch yourselves or you will find yourselves in a lot of trouble. You got it?" They said "yes" then I yelled to the boy that threw the stick, "You'd better watch where you are throwing sticks." Then after I saw the fear in their faces I drove off. Yup. I yelled at two kids.

This is what peeves me most about the whole thing, No on Prop 8 people say that they want tolerance. Well, do you see them being tolerant. NO. Lame. I almost wish they would have hit Scotty's car and scratched it so I could have called the police and nailed them right then and there. Alas, we must go on.

This is a very heated debate and I never thought I'd see myself in a situation like this because like I said earlier, I am a peace make. But I do know that this is the time to stand up and not be lame and whimper under tribulation. I want to be the kind of person that when I wake up Satan says "Oh no Sarah is awake and will ruin all my evil plans" Watch out Mr. Satan here I come. . . .

to be continued:)

8 comments:

Alli said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! I would have done the same thing!! STAY STRONG. EVEN though I am in UTAH I am fighting THIS too!

Unknown said...

Boy am I glad I'm on your side! You're doing great, Sarah. Don't let the man get you down, or the Satan.

ShaRee said...

Oh I'm sorry you have to face those ignorant people every day, but I sure love to hear your stories. Even though you may be frustrated, you turn it into humor. Scott "ran down" some kids once that were on bikes. They rode right in front of us and we almost hit them so Scott honked the horn at them, then one of the kids flipped us off. Scott was so pissed he turned the corner and came after them, and yelled at them good. Stupid teenagers! haha

thebarrusfamily said...

Sarah, you make me laugh! I love the crisco bit. Your backyard looks pretty sweet. That is so nice of the Elders to come and work on it. Oh yeah... that porn is sick!! What is up with that??? How can someone put that on your video?

Emily said...

I am so proud of you...for many reasons. If it makes you feel any better, I think that Jesus would have rebuked also. He did do that you know. You are awesome and I am so glad you are fighting this fight. The Lord does need people like you. Sarah 1 (million), Satan O.

J. Marie said...

WOW! I can't believe that they went threw the trouble to throw a stick at you car! What little punks! I would have yelled at them too. Way to tell them whose boss. I'm glad that there aren't too many people that drive on our street so our sign doesn't get stolen. YES ON 8! oh also I don't know if you can read our blog because it's on private, but if you would like you send me your e-mail address to harpjean14@msn.com

SCRAPPNMOM said...

Good for you Sarah! I however would have probably left my kids (not thinking of-course) and chased them down on foot right when he threw the stupid stick. Totally making a scene. You could have taken them down in a heart beat! Sorry, am I getting too mean! You are so right. This has been hard! Actually, the hardest thing I have ever had to experience when it comes to standing up for what I believe! I am having to debate with close friends, neighbors and parents of kids my kids play with, who I love and have "MOST" of the same values as me. They are strongly NO for various reasons and they know I am strongly YES for all the reasons. It has separated us. So sad! It has happened before though. We read about it in the scriptures. We will be blessed. Just continue what you are doing. You are hard core Sarah. That is why we love you!

Danielle Smith said...

Hey Sarah! You may not remember me, but I knew you from the North Park Ward. I stumbled upon your blog through Angela Gappmeyer's blog. I just had to comment on this. I think you were totally justified in yelling at those dang kids!! You did better than some, who may have tried to run them over. I would say you were more Christlike than not. Even Jesus pushed over some tables.