Last Friday Scotty took work off and we packed the kids in the car and drove into the heart of L.A. for a Prop 8 rally. I LOVED IT!!!!!! We met at a Baptist church (I think). The rally was behind the church and off the street so no people from the opposition could join us. Everyone had Yes on Prop 8 signs and were yelling "Yes on 8" and Asher yelled loud too:) He was way cute. I am so energized and ready to finish this bad boy. I have to thank all of you that have left me kind messages with encouraging words on my blog and on my facebook account. You are what is helping me finish this:) We are going to be sign waving on corners 4 nights this next week and we have speakers going out to speak on radios, news broadcasts etc. There is going to be a lot going on until the vote. I think that I am over my shell shock of living in such a liberal state and now I am loving being different and standing even taller than ever before in my life. This is great!!! Here are a few pics of us at the rally. See if you can guess who is the rookie in the video. I'll give you a hint, it's the person who is holding up their sign with their hand and not on a stick:)
The cutest Yes on 8 boys ever:)


Then last night we had our ward Halloween party!!!! I loved it. We as the primary were in charge of the activities for the kids and I got to do the donut eating thingy. I laughed so hard when the kids tried to eat the donuts. You have to watch these two videos of Asher and Graham doing it. 



The Elders that we love:))
Cеrіtа ngеntоt ABG bandung semok Enak Nye
7 years ago

8 comments:
Sarah, you are so funny when you get riled up! I love it. The garbage truck comment made me laugh because my friend's daughter is obsessed as well. She is the girliest girl ever, but has been convinced that she wants to be a garbage lady since she could talk. It's funny the things they get attached to.
It's really been all settled. Most True Christians are voting NO on proposition 8
Gee Whiz, where do you get all these crazy comments from people against prop 8?!? Anyway, loved all the pics and movies. What did they hang the donuts from? I have to do that game this Thursday and was trying to figure out the best way to do it...
your hair is so long! It's very cute. Good luck with the whole prop. 8.
The primary party looked like so much fun! Your one son was just licking the doughnut, I think he gave up on biting it. ha ha. I also like that in the prop 8 video some guy is wearing his sign on his head.
Stop the hate and discrimination and VOTE NO on PROP 8. It is so sad to see so many kids being taught that it is ok to treat people differently and discriminate. Let's focus on more important issues like homelessness and other people who are in dire need of help. It is very sad that both sides have spent a total of $60 million dollars. IF you want to protect marriage then focus on the over 50 percent divorce rate we have in California. My getting married to my partner has absolutely no effect on your life.
Have a great day!! VOTE NO ON PROP 8.
You rock for all the work you are doing on PROP 8. Way to go!!!!!!
And I LOVED the Halloween video's. Too funny. We did that at our ward party last year too and it was hilarious. Tanner got so frustrated. Your boys were so calm and cute. It's pure entertainment for sure!!
Hi! you don't know me, (scotty does, I was his babysitter in NP long time ago, I'm Tami Nivens older sister Gina Jorgensen Richards) Anyways, she sent me your links and blog on prop 8 and I am SOO impressed with you! So inspired by you standing up for what's right! And I can see from the above comment, that they really don't understand that we can tolerate them and tolerate their differences and still love them as people, but not ACCEPT it, and accept being forced to teach our children something other than what we believe. Thank you SO much for what you are doing!
Post a Comment