Last night the church did a broadcast for CA residents about Prop 8. It was so amazing. They talked about all the consequences that are going to happen if prop 8 fails. They listed the top 3 as:
1-Our kids will be taught about same-sex marriage starting in Kindergarten See HERE for a case in Boston that happened.
2-Our Civil Right of Freedom of Speech will be taken away. An example is that in the City of Oklahoma there is a company that was really saying bad stuff about Christians and when the Christian workers tried to defend themselves, they were threatened with termination.
3-The gays will not be tolerant to Christian views if this passes. When we won't marry a same-sex couple we will be labeled as intolerant, they will sue us, and we will loose our tax-exempt status. It will get very ugly for any Christian views. In the long term effect, it will affect our temple marriages.
They also showed this video of how we can help :
Any of you can help even if you don't live in CA. Get on the web and make a youtube video of why you support Prop 8 or email anyone you know in CA and make sure they will vote yes on prop 8 on Nov 4th. Also, the church is naming the next two fast Sundays (Oct. and Nov.) as fasts for Prop 8. If you would like to help please fast for it to pass.
At the end of the meeting, we all sang Families Can Be Together Forever. It was amazing. I'm sure you have seen videos with the pioneers struggling together to bring Zion while they sang The Spirit of God, well, as we all gathered together in one cause and sang Families Can Be Together I had this overwhelming feeling that this is our fight in our day. Just like the pioneers had their fight to win, this one is ours and more will come. It made my membership in the church even more important to me.
To be honest I can't wait until this vote is over and we can move on to whatever awaits us.
Cеrіtа ngеntоt ABG bandung semok Enak Nye
7 years ago

7 comments:
Thanks for keeping us informed. I've put a new post on my blog about it. Keep up the hard work!
PS- I love the side note about Graham saying "its not workin" Kids are so funny. I put Mya on the toilet a couple weeks ago and she actually pooped! The "plop" scared her so bad though that she won't get back on it! haha
Kudos to you lady! You are truly amazing. Thank you so much for posting all your hard work on this issue and all the information for not-so-intelligent people like me:) We love you tons!
Oh, I don't think we will be going home for Christmas, just spending it with the cousins. It will be fun!
You are amazing. Iwish I could be more like you. I can't believe that the kids are going to be learning about same sex marriage that seems crazy!
Thanks for the info! I need it.
I love how hard you are working and the fiath you are showing. I will put a link on my blog to yours so maybe a few more people can be reached! Keep up the work. You are awesome!
What prop 8 sign are you talking about?
That last strip on the right side of my blog is the "adsense" gadget, where you can earn money by people clicking on the advertisements. I have no control over what ads they post, but they usually relate to what I've posted. I've had it for 3 months now and have made $0 :) Not sure if it's worth it! haha
I love you and your zezty churchy ways! Kiss your boys.
Post a Comment