Believe it or not (because I don't) a year ago we pulled into Scotty's parents drive way to live with them straight from Utah. I can't believe it's been a year already that we've been here. Here is a little flash back. . . . .
We lived in Utah and Scottie lost his job. We decided that it was time to make our "big" move to California. Scottie interviewed with a bunch of companies out here and got a job that we thought would make it worth our while to move out here. The day we found out that he got the job they told us that they wanted Scottie out in CA in two weeks to start work. WOW! The biggest problem was that we hadn't sold our house. So with all the faith in the world we packed up our house and made arrangements to move. Two days before we had to leave a couple came threw our house and made an offer on it. So the day before we left we signed all the docs to solidify the offer. I don't know how to explain how we felt when that happened. We had been trying to sell our house for 9 months without any offers. Then all of a sudden this couple came out of no where and bought our hosue that fast. All I can say is that we were so blessed and we were being taken care of. It also solidified in our minds that moving to CA was what Heavenly Father had in store for us at that point in time.
We lived with Scotty's parents for 9 1/2 months while we saved money, looked for a house, bought our house and spent 2 months gutting it. Now we live in it and we are still fixing it up.
Here are a few highlights from this last year:
Asher's birthday!!! He turned 4
We've enjoyed being by the beach. We've gone camping on the beach and tried to go as much as possible. Scottie seems more happy here too because he can surf whenever he wants to:)
We got to spend lots of time with Grace before she went on her mission. We miss her:)
This is our crazy kitchen before we bought it and fixed it up! I can't find a good after pic. oh well
We all went to Disneyland for the 4th of July!!
This entry was a good one. If you want a good laugh check it out here
We are enjoying our time here and the time we have to get to know Scotty's parents more;) It has been a year full of blessings and we have a lot to show for it. We miss all our friends back in Utah so don't ever forget us:) We will be out there next for Christmas so hopefully we can hook up with some of you.
peace out
Cеrіtа ngеntоt ABG bandung semok Enak Nye
7 years ago

4 comments:
I can't believe it's been a year already. We were just talking about that the other day too. A year ago we were moving into my Grandma's house. We miss you guys. Hopefully we can get together when you come for Christmas. Oh, and Happy Birthday Scotty.
I can't believe it has been a year! How awesome! I am so glad that everything worked out for you guys! Oh and Happy Birthday Scotty!
I was actually just thinking that the other day, that you had to be nearing your 1 year mark... How time flies. I'm hoping and praying that our house situation works out like yours! It's coming down to the wire and it's so hard to stay positive! We still miss you guys and that would be awesome to see you for Christmas!
That was such a miracle with selling your house right before you moved. I remember that well. I'm so happy that you love California. Your family seems made to be there.
Post a Comment