Friday, May 9, 2008

MIA

So I have been very busy with the new house and with regular life that I have been a little MIA in the blog scene. Sorry. I took a few pics of what we have been doing in the house. Enjoy!
The house had "popcorn" ceilings with asbestos so we had to scrap them. After you scrape them I had to get a sponge and clean off every little thing in the whole house. It has taken me days to do. :)

This is how Scotty scrapped the ceilings. He got a hose from outside, sprayed it down and then scrapped it like there is no tomorrow :)

This is the big mess that we made scrapping the ceilings

Now you see the bar

Now you don't

I have all the cabinet now. I have ordered the wood floor and tomorrow I will order the carpet. We still have a lot to do but we are chipping away at it a bit at a time ;).

5 comments:

Linda said...

Wowza! You have been busy! I won't complain about my house projects (at least not for a little while). It is going to look so good! I am a little bit jealous that you get to redo your kitchen. That will be next year's project for us. Good luck! That website is just hairmixer.com. I got the best results from the random hairstyles button. It's fun!

Nicole said...

WAHOO!!!!! how exciting! i can understand why you've been MIA. so how are your necks, shoulders and arms! ouch! i remember repainting a ceiling and having to do a minor scrape and mop to get it ready...ow! you guys are buff, though so maybe you don't feel it quite as badly. :)
anyway! how exciting!!!! that place is gonna be all new by the time you are done with it! i wish i could swing by and see it with you...i've been trying to devise a plan to make my california dreamin' come true. i'll let you know when i can. ;P
besos y cuidense mucho!

T said...

Awesome. It is going to look so good once it is all done. That's a ton of work, you guys are busy little bees for sure! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Sarah H. said...

Holy shmoly, you weren't kidding about the gutting it our part. That is so nuts. You guys look like awesome in your work get-up. It's going to look great when all is said and done. I bet it was secretly fun to destroy stuff though. Suerte!!

Tara said...

Wow! What a project. Although I think in deranged way I am a little jealous! This is something that you guys will remember forever! Something you got to work together as a family for.
Take care of yourselves! I can't wait to see the next update!
When all is said and done can I come to visit? :)