Thursday, March 13, 2008

My new running buddy




Hello everyone. I would like you to meet my new running buddy Natalie. We met through a mutual friend. She is awesome! She is the first runner I have met here that is fast and runs a lot of miles. Needless to say I have really been a slacker about running but not now. She even got me to do a 10 mile run last week and this week we are planning a 12 mile run. I am so excited to get back into the running world. She even introduced me to a cool running club here. We do speed work every Wed. at Westlake High School. Not only has she done all this for me, but she showed me a web site that you can map your routes and it tells you how long your run was. You just google gmap pedometer and then click on the first link that comes up and there you go. Who needs one of those expensive watches now :) Can you tell that I am stoked about my Natalie friend? Well I am.
Peace Out

7 comments:

Nicole said...

so, i'm way excited for you! that's how i felt about getting a volleyball team together. i wanted to tell everyone...even total strangers! congrats! i have to say that it makes me miss cali every time i talk to you! you're running at WHS? wanna go say hi to some teachers for me? actually the only one that would remember me now doesn't even teach anymore...feelin' 30! hello! the pool wasn't there when i was, i wonder what else has changed. shauna was in the first graduating class. when i was there they put in the stadium. it's a relatively new school. well, i hope the school is good to you. :)

T said...

That is awesome!! I know exactly how that is when you find someone like Natalie! I wish I could find my own Natalie here:) You are amazing, really!

nikki said...

Can you just move to New York? I need you to be my running buddy again.

Nicole said...

so i finally got your slide show thingy to work for me. SO CUTE!!! i can't believe how big and grown up the boys are getting!! they are ADORABLE!!!! ok, so all those broken things!! how do you not stress and freak out? i would lose it! mikey is pretty mild, but bryce sure tests me some days. i've totally given up with trying to get him to try new foods. i keep offering, but it's rare he actually eats it unless it's main ingredient is cheese or sugar. his two favs. he won't even eat pbj's. i WISH i could let mikey eat them...and bryce WON'T! imaginate! have you ever met a kid who doesn't like pbjs? MENTAL!!! well, i can't get my blog to add a pix for me, so i'm totally frustrated!!! i'm working on getting caught up though.... 'ta logo! besos

Athanassios (Sakis) Salamanopoulos said...

Hey, sarah can i join the club. i am also a very fast runner(when i sleep).

Emily said...

Sarah,

Glad you found a new running buddy. You are awesome girl. Anyways, just an FYI...my name is spelled Emily (Emma Lee is a nickname/spelling). So, you did have it right! ;)

thebarrusfamily said...

I am so FREAKING JEALOUS!!! I haven't been able to do anything since I found out I was pregnant with twins. I'm just letting it all pack on. Hopefully my running buddies are still here when I can run again so I can be motivated like you. Have fun running although it makes me hate you. JK