Saturday, October 16, 2010

Da Boiz!!!

Ash and Graham have done some pretty funny, cool, amazing things lately! I really need to work a bit harder to keep up with everything that is going on here before I forget. So here is an update of the last couple of weeks. . . .
Graham. . .
Graham has been playing T-ball. He seems to like batting a lot but when he has to sit in the outfield he starts to play with the dirt. He sure is cute when he runs from base to base.




Graham has been riding the BMX track a lot lately. He is getting fast and pretty coordinated at it. I love watching his little body ride with that huge full face helmet on:))))

This is really funny. We had to get a new car seat for the baby. It came in a huge box. Graham was sooooo excited to play with the box. He pulled out his crayons and markers and colored the box for like 3 days. Then one night he insisted that he wanted to sleep in his box. I was laughing so hard. After he went to bed we found him like this. . .

We found a monkey eating a banana at our house. . .


Asher. . . .
The other day Asher and Scotty went for a bike ride. It was BMX night but Ash had a croupe flair up so they decided to do something a bit less physical so Ash could get better. They decided to go to Sycamore park here and ride on the huge boulders. Hmmmmmm. Asher is super coordinated usually so up until now he really hasn't had any major injuries.. . until he met the boulders. He was riding around a bolder that had a loose piece of wood on it. Some how Asher's tire caught on the wood and his bike flipped out from under him and he "took a trip to Indonesia" or flew over his handle bars. He landed on his chin. Blood went everywhere. Scotty saw what happened and rode over to Asher. Scotty used Ashers shirt to hold over the area to put pressure to stop the bleeding. After the blood had stopped they rode home. I was a little shocked to see all the blood but I'm proud to say that I didn't freak out;) We put him in the shower and got the running water to clean out his chin so we could see if a simple butterfly bandage would do the trick or if he needed stitches. After the shower we laid him down and we both looked at his chin. It was sooooo deep. We didn't say anything out lout so that we didn't scare Asher but we just looked at each other and knew that he needed stitches. So I bandaged him up the best I could and Scotty took him to the ER. At the ER they had to give him a shot to numb the area then they salt water blasted the area to clean it out. Then he got 5 stitches. The poor little guy didn't get home until after 12am. I kept him home from school the whole next day. He was pretty sedated the whole day. Here are a few before stitches pics and after. Enjoy!!!



Today Asher did his first Triathlon. It was kids distance so it wasn't very long. He still has his stitches in so he couldn't do the swim but he did the bike and run. They didn't place him because he didn't do the swim but he passed everyone on the bike and was in front when he finished the run so we figure he would have taken first or second. He had a lot of fun and wants to do more. I have always said that he will be my Iron Man:)))

As for me I have 19 days left and we will have our baby girl!!!! I will take a belly pic. another day:)))

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Asher and Graham! I love that he slept in his box. Asher is going to beat me in a tri next year, probably. Way to keep your cool with the blood. Good thing they did those easy boulders. :)

Matt and Keline said...

I some how came across your blog. I added you to my blog list so I can know what to expect we will be going through with Jacob. He already busted up his face on his bike ramp :( I did well with the blood but I certainly didn't like it.
~Keline