Thursday, August 20, 2009

My little MBX'r


Last night we took Asher to a race track for BMXing. It was soooo fun. I was a little worried about Ashers first time around the track. Scotty tried to explain to him what he was supposed to do but Asher just took off and didn't hear a word Scotty said. With no explanation, here is what he did his very first time around the track. . . . natural no??


As Mater says, "Holy Shoot" I was so surprised. Then I thought that he would fall or something on those bumps but he only got faster going around. Check this one out. . .


By the time he felt comfortable he was racing all the other kids. Watch this video and check out how at the start of this one, he looks over at the kids next to him to know who he racing against and then he just toasts the kid. It is awesome.


Well after about an hour of doing this I thought he'd be done. But no, he kept racing and racing and racing. In fact it wasn't until 2 hours later ( a total of 3 hours) that he was done and it was only because they were closing. Check out the slow twitch muscles this kids has. So yes, we are going back next week:)))

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet. I guess you knew you'd always get a lot of broken bones from that kid. Go Asher!

Briana said...

Kaden did this last year and LOVED it. It's something I need to look into again for the fall when it's no so hot.

J. Marie said...

ASHER ROCKS! first the beautiful love note to alle. Then toasting that kid in that race! on some of those hills it looked like he hopped a little!