So I know that there are a lot of you out there that love IKEA so I hope to not offend you. I personally do like a lot of their stuff and the prices. And when I say I like some of their stuff I am not including their kitchen cabinets.
We purchased an IKEA cabinet for our bar area in the kitchen. The only problem with this idea is that we had to put together the dumb thing. The other night at around 10:00 Scotty and I decide to tackle the project. Bad idea. If you have ever tried to put anything together from IKEA you know that their instructions consist of helpful pictures that don't tell you a thing about what you are doing. We were putting the walls up and after a lot of mistakes finally got the thing put together. Then we had to turn it over to put the "feet" on the bottom of it. After we turned it on its side with all the care in the world noticed that there weren't any holes for the feet to go in. Then we looked on the inside of the cabinet and saw all the holes. We had put the stupid thing together with the bottom bored upside down. When Scotty saw this, he was so mad that he kicked the garbage can and then I just busted up laughing because we had spent so much time on it just to redo the whole thing. Yeah, we were annoyed. Besides the lack of good instructions, it is not very strong. I don't think it will hold the granite. So we are going to put decorative pillars on all corners or something. I will show pics when we get there. Even though the cabinets at IKEA are very inexpensive, I would highly recommend just spending the money on good ones and then you won't have to go through all the crap of fixing it. So there IKEA.
Cеrіtа ngеntоt ABG bandung semok Enak Nye
7 years ago

3 comments:
Sorry 'bout that. I'm glad Scotty kicked just a garbage can. :) And I'm glad you were still laughing.
Yeah, that is why all the stuff at IKEA is so cheap. You have to put it together yourself. That's too bad. Most of their stuff is cool if you aren't buying big furniture. It was good that you were still able to laugh.
oh! don't you hate unassembled furniture!!! we got 2 pieces at target last year. we have one we love and it wasn't too bad...we only had 1 missing part. ugh! the other one was a cabinet thing for over the toilet...it wasn't that hard to put together, but there are some parts that just scream "i was CHEAP!" like a CARDBOARD backing. HELLO!!! and then to hang that dang thing!!! man! all i can say is we feel your pain. oh, and i like how things look in ikea, but it's not my style. ya know?
Post a Comment